Help Prevent Infection
Wrestling Mats pick up germs from those wrestling and walking on the mat, wrestlers then pick up those germs all over they bodies. The risk of infections is very real when wrestling. There are few very important things we can to do reduce the risk of infection.
- Mats: The Rhinos clean the mats before every practice.
- Shoes: Do not wear wrestling shoes to or from practice. Wearing shoes that have been worn outside increases risk of infection.
- Finger Nails: Wrestler’s finger nails should he trimmed and clean.
- Skin: Wrestlers with any sort of skin infection should consult a doctor and should not wrestle if the condition is contagious.
- Showers: Wrestlers should shower with lots of disinfectant soap and hot water after every practice and tournament.